It was 10 years ago today that Chris and I eagerly anticipated the arrival
of our first born. Not knowing who we were going to meet, we couldn't
wait! But, wait, we did...
We were admitted into the hospital on January 20th at 6:30 in the morning
for an induction. Hoping it wouldn't take long, our entire family arrived
shortly after we did. Aunt Leah and Uncle Brian drove from Lexington
for the blessed event. Poppi came from a business trip and Grame came
from Tennessee. Mamma and Pappa were already there, along with some
good friends Lona and Candy. We were all really excited to meet our first born.
After 12 hours of labor (not hard, I had drugs!!!) the doc determined that
that this little bundle wasn't comin' out naturally and we should proceed with
a C-section. After this decision was made, I was left to wait, and wait, and
wait. My epidural slipped out and I began feeling the labor. Not fun!!
Finally, at 1:00 in the morning they wheeled me to the operating room.
At 1:51 our baby was born. She was one of the most beautiful babies I've ever
seen!! 9 lbs. 10 oz and 21 inches long.
Unfortunately, I do not have any digital baby pix and our scanner is on
the fritz. So, you'll just hafta gaze upon these instead.




No comments:
Post a Comment